About the Center
QSAC's Center for Professional Development (CPD) is committed to fostering communities that are supportive and inclusive of children and adults with autism spectrum disorders (ASD). Through meaningful programming, we seek to increase the capacity of educators, social workers, behavior analysts, school administrators, guidance counselors, mental health professionals, and other education and clinical professionals to be agents of change and leading advocates for the rights of individuals with autism and their families.
QSAC, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board of Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for license social workers #SW-0523. We offer an array of courses that seek to support LCSWs and LMSWs in increasing their knowledge and skill set, so as to best support individuals with autism and their families in realizing their full potential.
QSAC is an approved provider of BCBA Type II CE credits. We offer an array of courses throughout the year, which present advanced behavior analytic material. In addition to live courses, QSAC also offers a number of courses online via our e-learning platform. QSAC also hosts an annual conference, ABA NYC, which offers attendees continuing education credits for attending each of the workshops.
QSAC is a New York State Education Department (NYSED) approved sponsor of Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE) for teachers, school building leaders, and Level III Teaching Assistants.
In addition to CTLE activities that are offered throughout the year, a grant from the New York Community Trust supports our educator training program for school teachers, teaching assistants, and school building leaders in the City of New York. The program provides access to high-impact trainings aimed at increasing their capacity to support learners with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD). In New York City, the program is also available to nonprofit organizations seeking to increase their capacity to best support individuals with autism.
The Center for Professional Development is committed to the following goals:
- Increase the capacity of professionals to be effective and informed advocates for the rights of individuals with autism and their families.
- Ensure the dissemination of knowledge regarding best practices for supporting individuals with autism in achieving greater independence and realizing their full potential.
- Empower professionals to support individuals with autism in development of meaningful and fulfilling relationships that enrich their lives and reinforce a sense of community and belonging.
- Ensure that individuals with autism are provided with the greaetest degree of choice possible and to support them in making informed decisions that are in their best interests and aligned with their personal goals and aspirations.
- Support professionals in developing the expertise necessary to support individuals with autism and their families in a person-centered manner.
- Develop new trainings based on the most current research regarding autism and behavior management, so as to provide timely material that continues to inform and improve existing systems and services.
- Foster a multidisciplinary and collaborative approach to supporting individuals and families affected by autism.
About Our Continuing Education Offerings
CE for LMSWs and LCSWs: QSAC, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board of Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for license social workers #SW-0523.
CTLE Activities: QSAC is a New York State Education Department (NYSED) approved sponsor of Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE) for teachers, school building leaders, and Level III Teaching Assistants.
BCBA Continuing Education: QSAC is an approved provider of BCBA Type II CE credits.