PECS Level 2
PECS™ Level 1 Training (PECS Basic Training) suggested but not required.
This training will show you how to teach PECS with fidelity so your learners don’t get stuck on early Phases of PECS. Let us help you create lessons that turn your PECS user into someone who communicates in all situations using longer sentences. A review of the six Phases of PECS and discussions about your current challenges combined with ideas related to materials, teaching strategies and activities to promote communication will refine your PECS implementation skills. With innovative ideas, renewed confidence and enthusiasm you will leave PECS Level 2 ready to move PECS users to more sophisticated levels of communication.
You will learn:
- How the components of the Pyramid Approach to Education are directly related to proper implementation of the PECS protocol
- How to incorporate communication within daily activities and routines
- How to develop advanced PECS lessons
- How to analyze teaching PECS across the day
2014 Event Details
Dates: 3/27/14 & 3/28/14, from 8:00am - 4:00pm
Registration Time: 7:30am - 8:00am
Location: 25-09 Broadway, Astoria, NY 11106
Group Rate: $350 each for 5 or more registrants
Early Registration: $350 early registration (before 3/12/14 )
Professional Registration: $395 per person
Parent Registration: $325 per person
* Parents can inquire about family reimbursement for this course
1.3 ASHA CEUs (Advanced Level; Professional Area) and/or 7.5 BACB CE Units
- Detailed Handout with space for note taking
- Certificate of Attendance
- Continental Breakfast both days
- ASHA and/or BACB CEUs available.